Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lovely, lazy spring day

It was such a lazy day. I napped all afternoon then jumped up at five-ish to fix us some supper. Easy enough to pull out rice w/mushrooms, a sweet potato, chicken and mixed veggies. Usually I quit at that point but this time I went for broke - desert! Ah well, that was easy. If you are into tasty deserts that are simple try this one out - Pineapple Angel Food Cake. Not from scratch please. Keep it simple. Not high in calories either unless you eat all of it between two people in a sitting or two, like we do.

It was such a pretty day. The rose bush is putting out new leaves. John and I walked Su down to the quickstop for a newspaper after supper. We both wish the weather was like this all year round. It occurs to me it is the perfect day for lying in the hammock, thinking of nothing. In fact, I think I will....




It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
Mark Twain - American Humorist, Writer and Lecturer. (1835-1910)

No comments:

Post a Comment